Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life is serious business!

Although, sometimes it can just be a big joke. It's all about perception, and how you let things get to you.

Today I'm filling philosophical so let's talk life approaches and whether they work. My approach to life has always been to take it as it comes and above all else to take it easy. I've had a really rough life, but I'm still here and I'm still taking it easy because that's just who I am. My reasoning for taking life as it comes is that plans change, things change, times change and well, I don't think I really need to keep saying change for you to understand. Life is an adaptation, everything changes we're just here to adapt and move on - and be as happy as we can while doing it. Personally I don't shoot for happiness, it belittles other things in my opinion. I think what is better than to be happy is to be satisfied, satisfaction has something of a refined dignified quality to it. That's just me though, I am not saying that happiness isn't a good goal - it's a great goal - it just isn't for me.


My basic philosophy stated, let's move to the deeper aspects of one's life. I'll just address some of the cultural big hitters from America - family, money, sex, and power. Here's the kicker, this one's gonna make you laugh and think I'm bat shit insane. I don't care about any of those. I love my family and I would do anything for them right down to dying so that they could live on. That doesn't mean I want children of my own - or even a girlfriend / wife for that matter. I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in that. Money is nice, but what are you gonna do with that corrupted paper when it's not worth anything anymore? Sex and I have never been too close to begin with, it's too much an invasion of personal space for me to enjoy. Last but not least power, the world could do without that shit. Still, change can only be brought about with the power to make it happen - but that power isn't violent, it's deep inside each and every one of us, it just needs to wake up and be heard.


Here is a week in my shoes: Monday through Friday I work as a computer programmer, locked away from the rest of humanity in my office making programs that will help to run the future of medicine, food, construction materials and dipping sauces alike. (The company I work for makes Xanthan Gum, read on it - shit's in everything.) After I get off work I smoke a cigarette or five and then go home and play a video game or read. I do not go to clubs, I do not go to bars, I do not go to Walmart unless I am in dire need. Saturday through Sunday I hang out with my four best friends, these guys are more like brothers to me than if they were indeed my flesh and blood. I love'em to death, and I would die for them faster than for my own family. We usually talk about random stuff, then we get philosophical and talk about the way existence is going and how long we give it to last. Some nights we drink, some nights we find other modes to the same end. Sometimes we just sit there. Yeah, just sit there.


That's a week in my life, to you it probably sounds boring. To me, it's fucking paradise. I am always calm, always relaxed and even in bad health I can wear a straight face and relax behind cold eyes. So now it's your turn, what is your philosophy on life - does it work for you? What would you change about it? (nothing is an acceptable answer, it is obviously mine.)


Take it easy my brethren.

No comments:

Post a Comment