Thursday, October 20, 2011

Habits and rabbit holes.

Oh reality, how your bore me. Your basic principles explain everything about you, from chemical reactions to human wars and tectonic shifts. From volcanoes to hurricanes it's all dull and drab. Can't you ever shift and evolve with the rest of life? Can't you become something new to stimulate the brains of the few who actually seek to understand? Please for the love of all things stimulate our minds before they rot from boredom.

Oh but that's too much to ask, and so I do drugs. I stimulate my creative thought through way of enhancing reality with a little man made inspiration. A hallucinogenic here, a pain killer there keeps boredom at bay - and insanity looming on the horizon. Maybe insanity is the cure to my boredom though, every day would be an adventure then - every handful of pills a choice whether to be taunted by shadows on the wall or led through hills of emerald hue by happy pills to a place where I feel no pain. Ah but pain is reality isn't it? Those electrical impulses that make me feel more alive than happiness.

I'm just a carnal beast after all, happiness is quite boring to a beast that longs for action and not contentedness. The age of interest for me has past, now is the age of slow decline into an abyss of solitude, boredom, degradation of mind and finally death. Oh well, I think I can accept a future so bleak if it means a break from this boring reality we humans must endure.

Free me from this monotonous bull shit. Make me feel alive once more, it's better to burn out than to fade away after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment