Thursday, September 22, 2011

Or maybe...

Not, I suppose. Sometimes I guess people really just don't want to wake up. Can't say I blame them in any case, the reality of our lives is so much an unsettling thing that waking up seems forever a nuisance and changing reality an improbability that is seemingly completely out of the reach of your average man. So why would they want to wake up and see what's really there? There's a reason people like to sleep, and it's because they can dream. Have you ever tried dreaming while you're awake? Well if you haven't, don't, because it will get you labeled as an outsider or some kind of trouble. Don't you know by now that you're supposed to do what everyone accepts as okay when you're awake? Don't you realize that you can only really be yourself when you're asleep!?

Sorry but not this one, not this man. I refuse to simply be acceptable to everyone around me, and to the powers that be. If that gets me a life of seclusion away from the world then honestly I think I am happy with that. At least for the last four years of coming home and enjoying time alone, never partying and never really going to see anyone but a few good friends whom do the same as I, I have no regrets. People have completely stopped approaching me, and I like it that way - lest they spew more ignorance in my direction. I don't like people, but I think it's because somewhere deep inside I want to save them from themselves and knowing that I will not be able to make them see what's really going on makes my defense mechanism kick in; and so I walk away. That sentence wasn't really so clear as to what my defense mechanism is so I'll tell you, it is to run. Always to run. That's not to say that I don't confront problems or solve them, but I run first - I regroup and think about my actions a thousand times over before I ever make a move. That being said, when I make my move I'm always a hundred steps ahead of whatever opposition lies in my path which I suppose is why I succeed more often than I fail.

Still, I resent humanity because of my shortcoming as for a way to save it. Does that make me a bad person? Or in a way, is the world an aggressor towards people like me? The 'Dangerous' free thinkers?

No comments:

Post a Comment