Reality, what makes it real and what parts of it are simply subject to perception? I mean, I can kick a wall and know it's real and yet that wall is simply made up of atoms which are made up of energy which can never be created or destroyed. In that sense, are we not all one being with separate conscious minds? Ah, and back to the conscious mind, what makes us "conscious" where as animals are simply based on instinct and learned behaviors. Why do we have "intelligence"? I'd really love to think we are some kind of superior animal or something but really I think it all just comes down to chemical reactions, I mean the fact that we make pills for depression is proof of concept for that. Not only medical proof but proof through behavior as well, for as soon as the person on those pills for depression stops taking them they are overwhelmed by the lack of chemicals within the pill and overrun with the depression that they probably could have handled if they had only done it the right way.
Ah, now I can work again.
Depression, once you got it, never goes away. It's symptoms can only be controlled.
ReplyDelete