Monday, August 8, 2011

Fun little coincidences

My coworker pointed something out to me today which I would never have noticed myself. My initials are that of the abbreviation for kilobyte, which is related to my work seeing as I am a computer programmer, or software engineer or whatever they're calling it these days. It's always fun to notice little things like that, although honestly it had nothing to do with my job choice. That's just how the cookie crumbled. Still, it's pretty interesting. I've been thinking I'd look my full name up and chase down its roots, I did once but wasn't satisfied because it is a name completely outside of my cultural history - funny how that works out. The meaning of my name really doesn't fit me either; my first name is Keith which in Irish culture is "from the battlefield" yet I'm a pacifist to some degree and would rather have friends than enemies.

Life is an enigma, but it would be so boring if it wasn't don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment