Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Once in a while

Once in a while,
The light in your smile,
Could melt the ice holding my heart.
And I still think of you,
Even though we are through,
When life’s trying to tear me apart.
And the fire you made there,
Is something I still bare,
Watching the ash as it falls.
It’s all hustle and bustle,
While despair drives my muscle,
To patch all the holes in my wall.
It’s a long winded struggle,
As my legs start to buckle,
And my knees fall flat on concrete.
But it’s all just a warning,
I know that come morning,
I’ll have trouble just moving my feet.
Every now and again,
I think of you friend,
And the mess that you’ve made out of me.
But I’m not gonna stay here
And slave to the same fear
That better things lie six feet deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment