When I contemplate reality,
I think on what it does to me,
And how I am and what I am to be,
But separation on me plays,
And rips and tears my world away,
Such that I can’t take another day,
In a blood red world with hearts so gray,
Where demons all just run and play,
Sometimes I could just blow it all away,
But something still within me beats,
And so within me secrets sleep,
Chained where they can’t make others weep,
Or make them come apart from stitch,
Faced with things they cannot grip,
Seeing in my mind something has ripped,
‘Cause in my head I’m worlds away,
While all the others laugh and play,
I just sit here bleeding out another day,
Since peace within me’s gone away,
And troubles are all here to stay,
Into the darkness I’ve begun to sway,
Then with peace flees happiness,
Drive and future jumped the fence,
And in my head something has gone amiss,
Tell me can you stomach it,
A world where your piece doesn’t fit,
And everything feels so counterfeit,
That’s why this statement lacks deceit,
Insanity within me creeps,
And lures me into colder streets,
So to the world I’d bend my knee,
If I thought they’d hear my plea,
To walk away and let me stay asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment