Monday, August 20, 2012

You are

The reason I get lonely sometimes,
The reason I'm awake when even the moon wont shine,
Not a reason at all - just a momentary lapse thereof,

Good memories gone bad - with a hint of fine age,
Words at the tip-of-tongue forever held at bay,
Not a regret - at least that's what I tell myself,

The life, blood and soul,
To this one sided love I behold,
While I watch broken years now unfold,

The hole ever gaping,
Since it's me I'm forsaking,
Whenever I come back for more,

The most beautiful sun,
to shine for this one,
Leaving me with a black sky,

The reason I'd barter,
My soul as a martyr,
If it meant I could just call you mine,

The best at disguise,
Sharp pain painted prize,
That makes this flood flow from my eyes,

Why love I despise,
Why I dry my tired eyes,
And with suicide now roll the dice.


No comments:

Post a Comment