"Real life," I love that phrase. I use it pretty often, but then again I couldn't put a name on it honestly. I usually use it in the context that real life is anything not on the internet.
In all honesty though, I ponder the meaning of reality constantly. It's funny how humans make labels symbols and concepts for things that never existed before we thought them up. I mean, if nothing was ever there to ponder over the essence of reality, would "reality" ever have existed?
For example, no one cared about gravity; knew it existed; or even questioned why they could stand on the earth until Newton got hit by a falling apple and said "what the fuck man?" That, ladies and gentleman, is solid proof of why sometimes thinking can simply lead you to a paradox with no answer, and drive you mad. The power of thought, the power to bring things which don't even really exist into the "reality" of humans. For whatever we think must be real, must have meaning and most assuredly must have a place in the universe.... right?
I think humans are the most arrogant pieces of shit in the universe you know, well, maybe stars have us beat. Still, the fact remains that we put names to things, give them characteristics and then label them as to their importance. Who gives us the right? What makes us the identifiers of all that is and all that will be? I think we all could learn from the humbleness of people such as Gandhi.
Ah but it's just a dream, to think that people will ever wake up to the fact that they're just specks in the grand universe. Not that we even know if there's only one universe.
Then again, maybe life is just a dream. Maybe this is all just some experience we're allowed to have and we'll all wake up one day thinking "man, that was a crazy ass dream." Perhaps we're all just thoughts, fragments of lost principals and morals or ideals in some greater being's head. Somehow aware of ourselves in some kind of subconscious way, yet none of us are without end.
Such is the way of things, to live and to die - that is the fate of humanity. Nothing more, perhaps maybe a little less though.
No comments:
Post a Comment